Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lisbon Zoo - 15th of March 2008

They live in "our world" and yet they still have the majestic attitude of a wild animal - they know their prey, when to fight, when to rest. I wondered how happy they are living like this - I think in the end it is a matter of fate - long life but less freedom. I felt humbled, amazed, happy from seeing their beauty, delicacy, power and behaviors.






I have found out that seals are monogamous for their whole life, but sea-lions are not, I was lucky to see them from above, from a cable car that crossed the whole park, I listened to some commercial not so nice music but admired how nicely dolphins play and their very special relationship to men. I felt like Alice in Wonderland.





And then I imagined their personalities - how bold, nervous, angry, shy they could be but couldn't imagine vanity and useless fights with no purpose and I think this could be one of the reasons for which I love them. And then I have this personal obsession that every time I go to the zoo, lions get to gaze directly into my eyes - this is what they do, yes :-)






x


Lovely Lisbon Saturday.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nice blog, but I think that it is better to remove the previous comment, because the link is rather dubious.